ISTE Standards For Students



ISTE Standards: Students Development using Technology in Classroom

         Mostly in learning and developing techniques and strategies, the most common way to check whether students perform well in class is by setting standards so that there would be basis for the uses of technology in Education. International Society for technology in Education (ISTE) is about the integration of technology in classroom, utilizing technology in communication and discussion and most of all it is a standard that uses to set proper and balance in terms of the uses of technology.
     Among the different domains of ISTE Standards, I possessed empowered learner, combined with the definition of digital citizen and expanded in creative communicator and mostly portrayed in global collaborator. Hence, being a student is a means of  developing our learning goals and utilizing most of the time to think what possible outcomes could be accumulated when you do such thing in a discussion. I possessed empowered learner for I am making connections within my peers and every individual in a classroom setting and ready to improve learning outcomes and has full motivation to impart and share learning. Last Saturday, we had an activity in the classroom and we are instructed to assess ourselves after the activity, and then as an empowered learner I present my assumptions with full courage and express in-depth thoughts to elaborate my points correctly and just like the definition of empowered meaning I already had the power to motivate and help learning improve in each of us as a key participant in learning. Second, I performed the essence of digital citizen in a form of knowing my responsibilities, rights and role in using technology in utilizing classroom discussions for example after using internet and browsing data from which it needs to maintain digital privacy then I actually clear my data before leaving the browser. Also being a creative communicator for as a student we need to think creative ways in doing/performing tasks and activities in class so integrating innovative techniques is the thing that I've done using technology as a mean of communication like for example in making reports, I used micro-lesson to present a report while global collaborator in the sense that I worked with teams and deal with different people to share and contribute learning process effectively.

      Applying the standards in different interactive ways to communicate in class like group role playing to develop self-esteem, games and reporting for physical development and cognitive development is most likely my ways to develop and implement these standards among my students in other words, they must be engage by doing things by themselves and creatively think to within themselves while the teacher will serve as a facilitator of the class.

Comments